Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Five Things Arthur is Responsible For the Wedding (or, Five Ways Arthur is Going to Screw Up the Wedding)

This is my latest top five list and yes, it is once again wedding related. As the "man," I am responsible for a certain amount of the wedding. Usually the stuff that isn't flower related. I've decided to generate these things into a top five list and also add on where my final decision for each is headed. So, please enjoy, and don't tell Andrea:

5. I'm responsible for the Groomsmen gift: Which I've decided upon to be a handful of those paper balls that snap when you throw them to the ground (in some parts of the world, they are called Snaps). And I figure that I should give them out before my wedding ceremony...oh, and my groomsmen will all be thirteen years old.

4. I'm responsible for my ring: Andrea already has plans for her wedding band, so I'm going to have to come up with my own idea. I could use the engagement ring that we already or I could go with the better choice: Ring Pops. I'm going cherry, don't like grape.

3. I'm responsible for the rehearsal dinner: Which, as of now, consists of a bag of weed and a table filled with an assortment of Cheetos.

2. I'm responsible for the entertainment: I've decided against the DJ or the live band. Instead, we are just going to show a continuous video loop of my favorite Police Academy scenes.

1. I'm responsible for writing my wedding vows: As of now, all I've got is the Ezekiel 25:17 speech that Samuel L. Jackson gives in Pulp Fiction.

So, there you go. If this sounds like a potentially good time for you, then drop us a line and we'll put you in the "Win an Invite to Arthur and Andrea's Wedding" sweepstakes. (Offer void in Hawaii and parts of Utah). Please only send one entry per person.

No comments:

Post a Comment