Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Friday is Relaxation Station (Well, almost)



The Friday before the wedding was meant to be nothing but relaxation, rehearsing and eating. It was all of those things to some extent, but before any of that could begin we had to drop off the items to Three Village Inn. Janette and I hurried up to Stony Brook from Holbrook to meet with Kim, the catering and sales manager. Kim looked slightly overwhelmed by all the stuff we were bringing in, which surprised me a little bit. Don’t other brides show up the day before the wedding with a big part of the wedding party in tow, boxes of centerpieces, favors, ribbon and wine bottles?
Anyway, after that fiasco, it was time for our reflexology appointment. I must, at this juncture, mention that we changed this appointment about three times during the course of the morning.

When we (Janette, Samia, Eugenia, Adrienne and I) arrived at the Relaxing Foot Station, I definitely needed an hour of a stranger voraciously kneeding my muscles. The room was dark, long and quiet. Massage chair upon massage chair lined the store. In assembly line fashion, each masseuse (refloxologist?) was assigned a patron. First, they sit you on a stool facing the big chair and put up your hair and work on your back for about twenty minutes. Then you sit in the chair and they cover you with towels. The rest of the time is spent working on your legs and feet. During our session, I suddenly heard a familiar voice say, “Hi. Is Andrea Podgarsky here”? This was quickly followed by a lot of “ssssshhhh’s.” It was my friend, Gabi. It made look up and chuckle, but then go right back to being pampered (or pummeled? Is there a difference?).

When our appointment was over and my friends yelled at me for not telling the reflexologist to go lighter, the bunch of us when out for pizza. It was really a nice, impromptu meal with friends. In fact, the whole day was exactly what every bride should have in the hours leading up to her wedding. I felt loved, appreciated and exactly where I wanted to be at that moment.



Next, it was time for our nail appointments. My cousin Sarah, the flower girl, and her mother, my aunt Judy met us there for a little pre-wedding pampering. It was Sarah’s first time getting her nails done and I think she really enjoyed it all!



She's well on her way to being one of the girls!


Aroma Nail Salon was lovely. It had a lovely amosphere. We had the run of the place.



Unfortunately, I smudged a toenail. Fortunately, I didn't care all that much.

Next up: Rehearsal Dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment