Monday, September 7, 2009

Bachelor Party

Arthur has had his bachelor party. By all accounts it was a fun, shot-filled, laughter filled, gambling filled, afternoon/evening/morning of debauchery.

When I mentioned to people that Arthur was having this oh so many of wedding traditions, there was often a look of "oh, no! Are you ok with that?"

What is there to be ok with? How could I not be ok with it? I was not worried in the least when I kissed him farewell and told him to have a good time before he went off. I love and trust my future husband. If I didn't, then I would have absolutely no business marrying him.

In any event, I thought it would be fun to type up the text messages that I received from the boys the night of Arthur's bachelor party. Imagine these intermingled with my soon to be brother-in-law's facebook photo updates (mostly of himself).

Arthur: Heading out now. Ready for boobs, booze, and um, some gambling word that begins with boo, maybe bookies?

One they were on the train to Atlantic City:

Arthur: We are on our way. Love you and early apology for the night.

Friend #1: I'm sorry too.

My brother: Me too.

Future brother-in-law: We are all sorry.

My response: I feel those were insincere apologies at best. Have fun. Tell all I say hi and have fun and that they are not as sorry now as they will be!!! P.S. Remember mine is next weekend.

Arthur: I do. Bryan by the way just spilt beer. Funny.

Arthur: Friend #2 is close to being thrown off. :)

Friend #1: Not sincere??? I resemble that!

Me: You sure do!

Friend #1: You know we'll take care of him... :-)

Friend #1 Anyone know where we can get a hooker in Atlantic City? (Found out later that this text was NOT meant for me)

Me: I might have a few numbers. What did you have in mind?

Friend #1: You baby...come on down! Can you handle a donkey? Cause we paid a lot of money to get him there.

Arthur: Please give Friend #1 those numbers. It's for the other guys.

Arthur: Drunk already. Not off train. One thing for certain: love you so much. More love messages later!

See. Nothing to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment