Monday, September 7, 2009

Four Weeks and Counting




Some things that we've accomplished since my last post.

1) Arthur has a lovely suit.
2) Thanks to one of my loverly best women, hair and make-Up trials have been successfully accomplished. In fact, as I type this, I have more make-up on than I own and glitter in my hair. Might be xnaying the itter-glay.
It's been a while since I last wrote about our wedding preparations. Things have been moving along at lightening speed at this point.
3) Flowers for the bouquets and corsages have been purchased.
4) Most people have RSVP'd (but not all...it has a stamp on it, people!)
5) I have had two out of three of my fittings. Let me tell you, when I purchased the dress I thought it was wonderful, but after the seamstress worked her magic....I absolutely am head over heels in LOVE with the dress.
6) MOTB dress and shoes purchased
7) Wedding Jewelry purchased.
8) Presents for the women in the ceremony party have been purchased.
9) Gifts for those who are travelling purchased.
10)Finalized rehearsal dinner venue and put down a deposit on it.

As you can see, we've been busy, busy, busy wedding bees.

I want to it to just be here already. Four weeks seems like so far away and yet I know it will speed on by. I also find myself getting more and more excited about the big day. I worry that I am getting overly wrapped up in a lot of the craziness - both in my psyche and through my expenditures. My mind is more singularly focused on this day than I had anticipated. Luckily, my job does not allow the complete bridal machine take over of my mind. Yet, I find myself continuously handing over the credit card to buy "just one more" thing to make it "perfect." I am not perfect. Arthur is not perfect. In fact, we are pretty perfectly imperfect. I need to stay grounded and hold true to myself and remember what this really all about. Arthur finally getting health insurance. I kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment