Thursday, April 9, 2009

Wedding Center Piece Violence

We are attempting to DIY our table centerpieces. My original vision for the centerpieces were hurricane lamps somehow surrounded by pumpkins, leaves, and other October goodies. Continuing with the whole autumnal, Eastern Long Island, Harvest theme, we are going with oranges, greens and dark reds. My mother found these fantastic and cheap miniature pumpkins at Target. Then we went out and bought different styles of glass hurricane lamps from Michael's and AC Moore. I handed over the task of making prototypes to my mother. When I went home last weekend, she had come up with some wonderful models. Upon looking at them, we unanimously decided upon one in particular (at least we are going to try to stay in that vein). However, when Arthur and I came home from My grandfather's birthday dinner that evening, one of the prototypes had exploded.


At first, we thought that the cat had knocked it over, but as the stand had not moved, nor had the other centerpieces budged one iota. It was like it was angry that we hadn't chosen it. Perhaps we'll surprise all of our wedding guests with exploding centerpieces? I wonder if the Three Village Inn has a policy about that?

Read a brief blog post today on mingling feminism and matrimony. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment