Monday, April 6, 2009

6 Months and Counting...

Everyone said it would be here before we know it, and boy oh boy, the last six months have indeed flown by!

So what wedding news/weird thoughts/better late than never insights have is there to report? Read on!

First, as previously reported, my dress is in. Mom, Judy (my aunt) and Sarah (my 8 year old cousin and flower girl) trekked on the LIRR with me last Tuesday to RK bridal. It seemed like a rather silly task to me at first. I was just going in to say, "yup. That's it. That's the dress I ordered." It WAS nice to try it on again. Instead of it being some floor model, it is mine. I still love it. It is still simple, elegant, well-fitting (except for about 5 inches to hem and maybe some cups to put in...shhhh...it's all me, baby) and appropriate for me. I had to say good-bye to it, though. I probably won't see it again for four months. Ta ta for now, beautiful dress. I need to decide by August if I want to add some color to the dress with a ribbon (sage perhaps). Lately, though, I'm thinking that I will just put colorful flowers in my hair and get a colorful necklace. Maybe something like these:







If anyone has any ideas, be sure to let me know!

Besides that my mom tried on some dresses (we really think chocolate brown might be HER color). Sarah tried on some adorable dresses, as well.

Speaking of wedding party dresses, I feel in a bit of a dilemma. I thought I was being super cool with telling my two best ladies, special wedding friends and my flower girl (there's got to be a better name for that role, no?) that they could wear whatever they wanted. My aunt is concerned that Sarah's dress will clash with the dresses of the best ladies. I don't feel like that will happen. There will only be three of them standing up there and the more color the better. Ultimately, the dresses should be what each person participating wants to wear. I asked one of my best ladies if she WANTED me to give her a color. She didn't seem to mind either way. If they do all wear the same color (because they want to), then I feel that the men should at least have matching ties (not necessarily the same color as the women's dresses), but there should be some sort of cool contrast at least.

A special women's meeting (or at least telephone survey) must be called so that we may lay this issue to rest.

I fear that this may make me look indecisive (and anyone who knows me knows that this is very often the case), but I HAD decided that I did not want a uniform, cookie-cutter looking bridal party sporting duds that they hate, spend a lot of money on and/or will never wear again.

I am decisively against the wedding machine! Unless, of course, my best ladies want to be uniform. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment