Wednesday, January 14, 2009

First comes love...Then comes...

What comes in between love and marriage?

People keep asking me what is new in my wedding world. I don't have much to tell them. I haven't had anything to say since I bought my dress in early December. And even though it is lovely and perfect, I'm not one to go on and on about it. Did I mention that it is lovely and perfect?

It makes me feel a little guilty - like I should be doing something, like I should have something more to tell them. What should be new? I suppose that my musings on The Bachelor are not enough to warrant more than an uncomfortable smile from anyone I try to divert. The bridal checklists say things like "10 - 8 months before: browse this, shop around for that, keep a record of this..." "6 months before: make this, buy that, pay for this..."



These checklists are, in fact, helpful, but at the end of the day, I know that we need to a) find someone to take a few photos that look good and that don't cost us any first borns or the like b) buy some pretty paper letting everyone know where and when to be and c) find someway to get good, danceable music playing on October 3rd. Of course, there is still d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, x, y, z, aa, bb, cc...x^2, x^3-1, A=1/2bh, etc., but I have chosen to narrow our immediate wedding concerns down to a, b, and c so that I can be calm, cool and collected before we get to all the factorization and geometry.

1 comment:

  1. I think you have your priorities perfectly in line! Why should there be so much stress and worry and money spent? You've already got the most important things!

    I call gave Jeff his nickname because he is a dead ringer for a character on "House"-I mean, I think the actor is much more attractive, but they could pass for twins. You're right about Stefan,have to have a token villian and all, but he didn't really bother me at all until this episode. I do think Jamie is one of the most talented in the bunch.

    How is everything else in your life? Is it a frigid NYC winter? Did you visit Ryan Christopher?

    ReplyDelete