Monday, January 26, 2009

You oughta be in pictures


So today begins our meetings with photographers. It is a duty to which I have not necessarily been looking forward. I know how much these things can cost and I also know how we have the negative of that cost. I think too that this is the first thing that we have to seriously consider that feels like it falls into the typical wedding category. I ranted against being typical when it came to our wedding and so far, though, I think we are both happy with our choices and we are by no means going over the top, we have succumbed to some aspects of it. (I am wearing a white-ish dress!) While part of me wants to just let people go to town taking pictures and hope that we can group together some coherent album of the event, the other part of me knows how disappointing those pictures can be when you actually look at them the next day. We are going to want to have a few quality photos later on and we are going to want to have someone do that for us.

That having been said, I have found some reasonable "packages" on-line and so now the quest begins. At the beginning of the week, I had planned it to be a whole intensive weekend of meetings both in Long Island and in NYC. Since I know myself pretty well at the age of 33, I recognize that I have this medium-level compulsive behavior when it comes to any sort of personal planning. Yet, I think I act this way for a reason. I understand how busy both Arthur and I tend to be and I want to make sure that we get as much in as possible. Plus, I don't want to have to schlep back and forth to Long Island fifty million times if it can be avoided. However, after realizing that we do have some time, that I had a very full day on Saturday, that Arthur had a weekend project to take care of and after two nights of work related drinking, we decided to just do the city meetings today and to postpone the island ones for a weekend when we aren't so crazy. That was quite the relief and, knowing we didn't have to catch the LIRR in the morning, led to heavier drinking than was anticipated on Saturday night.

In any event, today we meet with:

Shira
and Hannah from Bella Pictures.

I expect that these will be two totally different meetings. Shira is an independent photographer working only for herself. I found her at Indiebridie.com. Hannah is a consultant from Bella pictures who will create a package for us and match us up with a photographer based on our needs and personalities. If that's the case, she or he will do it for free, will know instinctively who to target in the photographs and won't take any pictures like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment